Monday, February 14, 2011

January and February 2011 Update

So I have a lot of pictures that I wanted to post so I am just going to do a big "update" of the last month and a half and then hopefully be better about consistently posting now that I have my camera/memory card issue figured out! :)



Can I first say that I am sitting here (in the middle of February) in shorts and a tank top!! I am so excited!! It is supposed to be 71 degrees today here in Fairfax, VA. I don't think this nice weather will last long but I am NOT complaining!! It is so nice to feel like Spring is here and I just can't wait for the days to pass until we have nice warm weather every day. Last night I got Lincoln into the jogging stroller around 6pm and we went for a nice 40 minute run while the sun was setting. I absolutely cannot wait for nice weather!!!





Here is a cute photo I snapped of Lincoln while we were grocery shopping. My little baby is getting so big! He was 15 months in this picture. It is really cute, he is starting to "figure things out". Last night I was grilling chicken for dinner and I accidentally left the front door open. One of Lincoln's favorite things to do is run outside (usually because we chase him to get back inside and Lincoln LOVES to get chased) and try to climb up the steps outside our front door that lead to the road. So, he ran outside when I left the door open, but I was rinsing off a plate so I didn't run out immediately to grab him. Disappointed that he wasn't being chased he came back inside and shut the door behind him! It was so cute and I was so proud of him! Lincoln is really starting to pick up on little things like that (shutting the door) and it just makes me realize how quickly their brains are developing at this age and how impressionable they are.



The other day I came home from working out and Lincoln was home with Sheridan running around the house with his pants on his head! It was pretty funny so we snapped a few pictures.

We had a HUGE snow storm in January! They closed school for three days! The snow came down really fast and really hard. There were some people who were stuck in traffic for 6-8 hours for their regular 30 minute commute home!!!! Here are a few pictures of the storm while the snow was falling.
The little courtyard in front of our house.

As the snow started to get really heavy, all of the sudden all of our power went out! It was already dark outside, so it was PITCH black in our house. We suddenly realized that we don't have any flashlights in our house! The only thing we did have was a head lamp that we use when fishing. Sheridan was using that and then decided it would be funny to put it on Lincoln's head. It was hilarious!! Lincoln went crazy!! He was running through the halls yelling and screaming with excitement. He would crawl on his hands and knees and try to "catch" the light. He was so cute! My camera was able to capture some of it, although it literally was pitch black in our house except for this headlamp, so some of the pictures are blurry from the flash on the camera working hard.
He was running around and having so much fun! I love his chubby little legs!

Lincoln was egging him on and running with him :)


Sheridan didn't want to sit inside a dark house all evening so he decided we would go for a walk. I wasn't too keen on the idea because 1) it was really cold outside and 2) I hate getting wet. Buuuttt.....he talked me into it :) We bundled up and decided to walk down the street to 7-11. I love love love this photo of Lincoln here!! He looks sooooo chubby and just so cute!!! And, of course, he didn't want us to take off the head lamp :)
Trying to figure out what all this white stuff was....


It was pretty hard to push the stroller during the storm! There were no "grooves" in the snow yet, so we had to make our own tracks.
I was so cold!! I really hate being cold so I pulled my scarf up over my face so just my eyes were showing. Sheridan for some reason thought it was funny to call me the "White Russian" while I was pushing Lincoln. We like to play poker and he thinks I should try to give myself the nickname the White Russian while I play poker. Who knows where this came from.....I'm not even Russian!

I debated whether or not I should post these photos but they are so cute I finally decided to do it. I know I love the photos I have of myself at this age doing the same thing. Lincoln has turned into a HUGE climber and climbs on EVERYTHING! But, he also enjoys climbing out of the tub while taking baths. That is what happened in these photos. So, I was able to get his towel on his head before he kept running through the halls. He thinks it is so funny to get chased and he is FAST too!


I was doing some cleaning/organizing the other day and was making piles of clothes that I was going the throw away and/or donate. Well, Lincoln got into the pile of clothes and grabbed this old bra of mine, threw it over his shoulder and was running around the house like a mad man!


Lincoln LOVES wearing sun glasses and Lincoln put these sunglasses on him that we found while we were cleaning/organizing things. What a punk!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...