Saturday, February 6, 2010

SNOWED IN!! Literally...

We are having a HUGE snow storm right now! It is still snowing, but we have about 25 inches right now and it is still coming down hard. Here are some fun pictures.

I took this one at about 11pm last night....we had about 12 inches at this point.
Sheridan and I decided to walk around for a minute - it was hard to take pictures though becuase the snowflakes were coming down so hard!
Haha, here I was throwing a snowball at Sheridan (payback for when he brought a snowball into the house earlier. Can you believe that!!! If I am not all bundled up I really don't like the snow and I especially hate being cold so I was not a happy camper.)

This morning we took Lincoln outside - it was so funny! At first he was taking quick, short breaths - almost like "snorts". Then he got used to the snow and was laughing!

The snow was all the way up to my knee - look at the cars!


Look at that snow!!!
Lincoln was loving it! As long as his face wasn't directly into the wind/snow he really liked it....this meant I had to walk backwards sometimes to protect his cute little face :)

The branches were all completely weighed down from this snow!
We walked out to the main road by our house (Gallows Road).
I was trying to get a shot to show the snow on the cars. If you didn't have a snow shovel you are completely trapped in!! You can see the windshield wipers on this one car (someone propped them up last night) but the snow is completely blocking the cars in! It is funny, we went to go get a shovel at Home Depot two days ago and they said that every store within 100 mile radius was sold out of shovels!
You can see how deep the snow is here....and we didn't even dig all the way down to the ground!
More pictures to come later....we are going to build a snowman after it stops snowing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...