Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Lincoln is 2 Months & Black Friday

Ok, I have been trying to get this post up for a while now! It seems as though it has been difficult for me to get a few minutes that I can type. The last few days have been fairly busy.

Lincoln turned two months old on Monday! I just cannot believe that two months ago at this time I was holding my sweet little newborn son in my arms. It really feels just like yesterday. We had his two-month check up with our pediatrician, Dr. Lurie. Lincoln is just shy of 15 lbs and 25 inches! Dr. Lurie was shocked at how big he is! He is in the 96th percentile for both height and weight, and in the 76th percentile for head circumference (I can't remember the actual size). Everything else went really well. Lincoln is very healthy and Dr. Lurie was happy with the development he is making. While we were there, Lincoln was on his stomach and almost rolled over onto his back! Dr. Lurie was surprised that he is doing this already. We work on tummy time every day, but I honestly think he is just doing this because he hates tummy time so much and is trying to find a way out of it! :)

Here are some things Lincoln really enjoys right now:

-He is just learning how to smile and "talk" to you and it is so cute. He loves "talking" to his bears in his swing (whom Sheridan fondly named Pistachio, Peanut, and Walnut). If you make "goo" noises at him, he will almost always talk back to you.
-He LOVES being naked and getting his diaper changed...more on this in a minute.
-He loves taking baths and being in the water. He really likes getting his hair washed and will make great eye contact with you when you are washing his hair.
-His skin is pretty pale (unfortunately, I think he got my skin tone and not Sheridan's), but when he gets mad, or if he is pooping, his cute little face turns TOMATO red! It is so funny.
-He makes grunting noises all the time. In fact, I sometimes tease that he is my little dinosaur baby because of the funny noises he makes.
-He eats literally nonstop. I kept track one weekend, and he is eating on average about 22-25 minutes every two hours!
-He just realized he has a tongue, and is constantly sticking it out. He loves feeling different textures, so will try to lick my shoulder when I am holding him, the blankets that are by his face, and his shirt sleeves.
-He is getting really good head control and can sit in his Bumbo pretty well. I am still not quite 100% comfortable with him in it yet, but I can put him in it for a little while at least.
-As Sheridan likes to say, he is a "mama's boy" right now. He loves for me to hold him....all the time. Sometimes it is hard because I feel like I can't get much done. But, then I try to remind myself that he isn't going to be little like this for much longer, and I try to really cherish these moments I have with him. He loves falling asleep on my shoulder.
-He really likes to observe people. We haven't gone out too much, but when we do he is very wide-eyed and (usually) quiet and really enjoys trying to figure out what is going on.


The last few days have been sort of difficult. For the most part, Lincoln is a very happy baby. But, the last three days, from about 8 or 9:00 in the evening until 12 or 1:00 in the morning, he has been super fussy and has been screaming a lot. It has been a bit frusterating, because neither Sheridan or I can really figure out why he is upset. I think he just wants a lot of attention right now, because he will get upset, but then the second I hold him (or if I am already holding him, I will change positions) and he instantly calms down. The problem is that he only wants me to hold him so his head is on my shoulder, and I have to be standing up. He won't even let us use the baby carrier. As a result, my back is getting sore! Sheridan can hold him for a minute or two, but then he screams until I hold him. We have moved him into his crib to sleep (he is outgrowing the bassinet) and so I wonder if this has something to do with it....him not wanting to go to bed at night. Tonight I went to go workout and Sheridan actually had to call me at the gym and have me come home, because he was screaming non-stop for about 40 minutes. So, it has been challenging, but we are trying a few different things to fix it. Hopefully this won't last long! Anyways...the reason for this long story....

So, last night Lincoln was very fussy. As we were brainstorming trying to figure out how to calm him down, Sheridan had a good idea. Lincoln always gets super happy when you put him on his changing table and change his diaper. Sheridan grabbed the changing pad from the nursery and brought it into the living room. We set Lincoln down and took off his pajamas and diaper. INSTANTLY he stopped crying and was happy! It was so funny. Sheridan was calling him a little "wild man" because he loves being naked so much. This should get interesting once Lincoln starts walking...hopefully I don't have a naked child running down the street!

This was the first picture I took. I think Lincoln was trying to figure out whether he should keep being mad or be happy. Also, look at the adorable rolls on his little legs!!! He just started getting these chubby little legs about two weeks ago. I love it!

"Mom, I know you think I am so cute!"


Saying "gooooo" to us....starting to get happy!
There's a little smile...
And a cheesy grin while he was talking!
Now for the second part of the post. Sheridan and I decided to go shopping on Black Friday. We woke up super early, around 4:30. It was HARD for me to get Sheridan out of bed, but finally I was able to. Here are some funny pictures we snapped very early in the morning.
LOL, I did not know Sheridan was making this face. Trying to tell me he wanted to go back to bed! Guess we know where Lincoln gets all his funny faces from :)
"Puhleaaasse let me go back to bed"
"Ok, Ok, you want me to go, I guess I will be excited about it"...... what a cheeseball, but I love him!!
So, we decided to head to Walmart first. They opened at 5:30 am, and you can't really tell by this picture, but there were THOUSANDS of people and cars in the parking lot! It was absolutely insane. I have never, ever seen anything like this before.
When we got to Walmart, we could not get in the front doors. There was a line you had to wait in outside just to get into the store. Now, keep in mind, this was 5:30 in the morning and it was cold. Luckily, Lincoln was sleeping in the moby wrap, and I had his head covered with a blanket. We waited in line about 10 minutes to get in. Here was a shot of the beginning of the line (behind the gates).


We got into the store, and it was insane! The lines went all the way from the cash registers to the back of the store! Every single line! We decided that the few items we were going to get weren't worth waiting in line that long. So, we left and headed to the mall. We got a few items for some good prices. We got home around 12:00 and crashed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...