Saturday, December 5, 2009

We have snow!!

Yesterday Sheridan had his work holiday party. I was excited for it, but also SO nervous because it was the first time we had ever left Lincoln with a babysitter. Eli and Katie were kind enough to come over and babysit for us. Because Lincoln has been so fussy in the evenings, I was really nervous to leave him with someone else. I decided to write out a few "tips" for if he got fussy and suggestions on how to calm him down. I know this is something I will probably laugh at later in life, but oh well! I took a picture of what I wrote for them. :)


It was really fun to get all dressed up for the party, but unfortunately none of my old dresses fit me anymore! :( Sheridan and I found this dress when we were black friday shopping and got a good deal on it. Because I am still trying to lose weight, I don't like to spend money on clothes that will be too big eventually (hopefully sooner then later). But, I was so sad because I forgot to bring my camera! We only got one picture while we were at the house...
This photo was taken at the party, and neither of us look good here, but it is the only one we have, unfortunately. I'm not really sure why I look so much taller than Sheridan, it wasn't like that in real life...I think he is just standing further back then I am. But, it was pretty cool. They had a green screen they had us stand in front of and then we chose a background that they would impose for the picture. This one reminded us of home :)
But, Lincoln did really well while we were gone! I kept texting and calling because I was so nervous. During the last 20 minutes he had one of his fits and started screaming and his face and body turned bright red. But, Katie and Eli stripped him down to his diaper and that seemed to help. haha, I think they got a nice taste of parenthood! It was incredibly kind of them to babysit for us.
Another great thing...Lincoln slept through the entire night last night! He fell asleep around midnight and slept until 8am!! He was absolutely starving when he woke up, but this is the first time he has slept this long. It would be so great if this continued!
This morning we woke up and there was snow outside!! It snowed all morning and afternoon too, and about 3 inches stuck. A few weeks ago, our friends Allison and Drew Villastrego sent us this really cute snow outfit. Today was a perfect day to use it! Sheridan was joking that Lincoln looked like Alfie off of a Christmas Story. This is so cool though, because you can just put it on right over his clothes and tuck the hands/feet over so they act as little mittens/booties.
All bundled up!!
My cute little winter bear!!
Lincoln's face right here is priceless! He is trying to figure out what this snow stuff is.

haha, we let him taste the snow.
And this was his reaction!
His face is funny here too....still trying to figure out what the wet stuff on his face was.
We brought him inside and he started crying...too cute! Whoa...I just realized Sheridan's eyes look gold here...maybe he is secretly a vampire. :)
Chubby Cheekers! (Sheridan's new nickname for Lincoln)
Here is the cute outfit we had him in today that my dad and Teresa sent us.
Love those dimples!
Big Belly! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...