Monday, November 23, 2009

Downtown DC

We decided to head to some of the monuments in DC while the weather is still nice. Eli and Katie (Sheridan's brother and his girlfriend) met us downtown so that we could all get some pictures while there were still some leaves on the trees. It was pretty nice, but got quite windy towards the end and was coooold! We received this adorable outfit from my Aunt Naoma and Aunt Susan a few weeks back, so we decided to get Lincoln dressed up for the pictures. As usual, there were a lot of people at the monuments. However, this time we got so much attention because we had Lincoln with us! Everyone wanted to touch and look at the baby (I probably got about 30 "chubby cheeks" comments!). It is so fun that people think Lincoln is so cute, but at the same time, I don't like it when strangers try to touch him. Especially with the flu going around right now, it makes me so paranoid. So, I felt like I was being so rude, but a few times I had to ask people not to touch him.

We forgot to bring a hat for Lincoln that matched his cute little outfit! I had this one in the backseat of my car, so we stuck it on him...a little small but it worked. He was sleeping while we walked from our car to the Lincoln Memorial.

Here is Sheridan getting the jogging stroller all ready for us.

This picture really doesn't do justice, but the trees in the background were so colorful and pretty!



We took a bunch of pictures with Lincoln in front of the Lincoln Memorial. These will make for fun memories in the future! I am not going to post the good ones though, because they may end up on our Christmas cards this year, and I don't want to send out cards with pictures everyone has already seen. :)


We kept taking pictures....walking away....looking at them and not liking them....then waiting a while for the area to clear of people so we could take another one. We also took a bunch of Katie and Eli as well. I snapped a shot of Sheridan and Lincoln while we were waiting to get a photo in front of the statue. Aren't they both so cute?? :)



We were standing around and Lincoln was getting cooooold. I think his expression in this picture is so funny!

He wouldn't let us put him in the stroller--he kept getting fussy. So, I held him most of the time we were there. He loved watching all the people!

We asked someone to take a photo of the five of us. Turned out really good! Eli was joking that this Sheridan was his "little brother" here ;)

As Sheridan and I were walking back to our car, he took a picture of Lincoln and me with the Jefferson Memorial in the background. The setting looked so nice!




So that was our weekend! It was busier than most of our weekends lately, but I am so glad we were able to take advantage of this nice weather!!

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a great time. I would be paranoid too if people were touching my baby. Honestly I think it is really weird strangers think that is ok. Those will be fun pictures for Lincoln in the future. By the way, you look great Natalie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, isn't it weird?? I don't think people are trying to be rude, I think most people just love babies so much and they just want to touch their small little hands. Maybe I am just being a paranoid first-time mom, but oh well! I would rather feel a little rude for telling them no then have a sick baby. :) Thanks for the compliment, I still have a looong way to go (haha, the aftermath of gaining 55 lbs during your pregnancy is not fun!) But, it will happen slowly but surely :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...