Thursday, November 12, 2009

Rain, Rain Go Away...

It has been raining here the last three days non-stop. Literally, it hasn't even stopped raining for 5 minutes. So, we have been cooped up in the house a little bit. Lincoln and I have gotten into the routine of going for a walk around 2:00 each day in between his naps, but since it has been raining so much we haven't been able to go. As a result, he has been getting pretty fussy in the afternoons. I have had a hard time figuring out how to soothe him so today I googled "fussy baby" to see if there was anything I could try to do to calm him down and the first thing recommended was to try a baby carrier. Of course! Why didn't I think of that?? I actually have two baby carriers. One is called a Moby Wrap which is made of this really long piece of cloth, and the other is a more traditional carrier (Comfort Rider). Both are excellent and serve different purposes. The Moby Wrap is nice because it doesn't put much pressure on your back, and there are lots of different ways you can hold the baby in it (including breastfeeding!) but it is kind of a pain in the butt to tie and get on. The Comfort Rider is great if I just need to quickly head into a store and don't want to take the time to tie the Moby Wrap in the parking lot. So, I decided to try out the Moby Wrap and walk around the house with Lincoln in it. They say that it is soothing for babies because it reminds them of when they were in the womb. Within minutes he calmed down and within half hour was asleep! This is great! Glad I found a way to calm him down.

Here is a picture of him when he was first falling asleep. Once he finally did fall asleep, I was able to pull over the shoulder strap to support his head so I could have both hands free (this is actually how he is sitting as I am typing this right now) :)




Here is how I wrapped him up when he was about two weeks old....oops! You can see the dirt on my bathroom mirror! :)


Lincoln was 6 weeks old yesterday! I can't believe it has already been six weeks. I feel like he was just born yesterday! Here are some cute pictures of Sheridan holding him when he came home flor unch. FYI, these were all taken on my camera phone so they are not quite as clear as my camera photos.











Lincoln is starting to smile!! I love it so much!! He is so cute when he smiles and has these two big dimples in each of his huge cheeks. Here are a few pictures I was able to get of him smiling yesterday.





1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...