Thursday, November 5, 2009

A flat tire & Babe Lincoln

When Sheridan came home for lunch today we tried taking a few pictures outside because we knew the weather is probably going to get much colder soon. However, Lincoln would not have it. He did not want his picture taken! It is so funny to see his little personality developing. He is a pretty serious guy with a hidden funny side to him (much like his dad), but he is so cute sometimes...he will shut his eyes and pretend to be asleep, then he will get this adorable toothless, gummy smile on his face and will then peek his eyes open to see if we are paying attention to him. Once he sees us looking at him he will stop smiling and purse his lips together. It is so cute! He also has a defiant side to him though! If you are doing something he doesn't like (sitting while holding him instead of standing, or holding him over your shoulder instead of in your arms, etc) he will kick his legs and flail his arms until it is his way. It is pretty funny, but he is so strong! Also, Sheridan loves to call him a "Mama's Boy" because he has been pretty clingy the last few days. If Sheridan tries to hold him he will fuss until I pick him up. I have to admit though, it is a great feeling when he calms down just because I am holding him and for no other reason!

As you can see, we are trying to calm him down here to try to take a picture. (I am not sure why these pictures are uploading so grainy...they look fine in the other viewers on my computer - sorry!)



Uh oh!! This is his infamous grumpy face that he gets before the fussing starts.

He is not a happy camper!
We thought he would be a little better inside...but that didn't help either. Sheridan thought he was so funny because he came up with a new nickname for Lincoln - "Babe Lincoln". He, of course, thought he was hilarious for coming up with this. For those of you that don't know, Sheridan does not like nicknames, and has made it very clear he doesn't want Lincoln being called Linc...but today he said this is the only nickname he will give the okay too. :)

Last week I was taking Lincoln to his doctor's appointment and accidentally ran over a pothole while I was driving! Well, it left a huge gash in my tire, and I had to put the spare tire on. Unfortunately for me, I don't know how to change a spare tire (I learned in high school, but have never had to do it, so I forgot!). I was truly a sight to be seen. I was pulled over on the side of the road with the owners manual out, scratching my head trying to figure out where the jack was in my car. Lincoln started fussing in the car, and I was trying to figure out the number for the doctor so I could call them to let them know I was going to be late. Needless to say, it was stressful! Luckily for me, a really nice man in a big Ford stopped and asked me if I needed help. He was able to change my tire in just a few minutes! Phew! In hindsight, I realize that I could have called my insurance carrier who provides me with 24-hour roadside assistance. Anyways...I didn't get any pictures that day but I did get a few today when I went to get the new tire on the car.
The back of our car where the spare tire usually goes...


The cover that has been in the back of the car the last few days...


Lincoln all bundled up! While they were putting on the new tire I walked with him around the shopping center to keep him from getting fussy.

That was our day! Not incredibly eventful or exciting, but it is so great to get to spend my days with our little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...