Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Dinosaur Museum & SLC Temple Lights

Teresa, Megan, Jake, Emma, Anya and I went to the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point. They have a family membership and the museum was really cool!!

Megan and I took a few shots while we were waiting to get stamped to go in. She had one of these headbands and I liked it so much I bought two while I was there!

Jake looks so serious here!
Megan and the kids crawling out of one of the dinousaur caves

There were some awesome fossil replicas
Ok, this is dorky but I was trying to act like the dinosaur behind me
Then I tried to get Lincoln to act like the dinosaur, but he wasn't havin it!
They had this really awesome area where the kids could play in the sand and water and build homes for the dinosaur figurines. Lincoln had a major blowout then, so Megan and I went to the bathroom to change him (and wipe down his outfit because I forgot to bring another one!) while the kids played here for a while.
Lincoln with the Triceratops. It looks like he is thinking, "Mom, what the heck is that thing?!"
Scary!! Rick and Ruth gave us this sling for Christmas and I seriously LOVE it!! I have probably used it every single day since I got it. Lincoln is so content in it, and will just sit in it for hours. He can sleep in it too. It is called a Peanut Shell Sling. I still like my Moby Wrap, but this is so much easier than having to wrap the Moby, all I do is slip it over my shoulder and I am ready. I used it when we were flying cross country, I use it when I am grocery shopping, or when I go to the mall, doing housework, all the time! It is really fun too because every single time I wear it I get all kinds of comments, "Oh what a cute baby!", etc. :)
They had this great big sand area that kids can "Become a Paleontologist". Here is Emma (left) and Anya (right) and Jacob in the blue shirt in the background.
Lincoln had a long day and was passed out!
That night we got together and went to see the SLC Temple Lights downtown. I love seeing the lights and I haven't been in a few years, so it was a lot of fun. It was COLD though!! You can see in this picture how bundled up we had to be!
Megan with some of the lights in the background. A camera never really does Christmas Lights justice, but every year I am just amazed at how many lights are up on the temple grounds!
Family pic minus Rich
The temple looks really cool here in the background.
There were floating nativity scenes in the reflection pond behind me.
Teresa and the kids in front of the reflection pond.

1 comment:

  1. I love all the pictures! What a fun trip! Sorry we didn't get to see you! Lincoln is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...