Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Lincoln's New Favorite Toy and Some Laughing Videos

***I have been trying to get this post up for a while and have had it written for a week but unfortunately my video won't load :( It is on facebook if you want to see it though***

Our friends Steve and Jodi gave us this rattle with connectable rings and it is Lincoln's new favorite toy!! Each ring has a different texture and he loves putting each one in his mouth. Lincoln hadn't really been reaching for things yet and would only grab items it if you put them right in his hand. But, I have been putting one end of this rattle on his arm and he always grabs it with his other!


Hahaha, he has such a cute pouty lower lip! Some of these pictures are grainy because I put my camera on an "action" setting because he was so squirmy most of the pictures were coming out blurry! However, that setting does makes the pictures a little darker and a little grainy.


Laughing away!


Mesmerized by the camera...


Happy Baby!!


Even happier!




Lincoln and dad after a nice Sunday nap. Lincoln is getting so big! But, he still loves to be naked :)




Here is a super cute video of Lincoln laughing. He gets really camera shy whenever he sees the camera and so I had to try to "hide" my camera, which explains all the strange angles. Also, pardon the messy house, but this video was just too cute I had to share! We read together every day. At my baby showers multiple people gave me the advice to start reading to Lincoln from the time he is a newborn. I really took this advice to heart and we read multiple times a day. He doesn't really recognize any words, but loves the books where I make silly sounds or books that I sing (i.e. Old McDonald had a Farm, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, etc.). I was sort of getting tired of reading the same books to him and so yesterday we went to the library and checked out 25 new books!! It is really great, you can check out 50 books at a time and can keep them for up to six weeks! I am sure we won't keep them that long, but it is nice to have a few new books to read! While I was at the library I also found out that once Lincoln gets a little older there are a lot of really neat programs that they have for kids ages 1-5.


**This is the video that won't load (I think it is too long), check it out of facebook if you would like**

Usually Lincoln laughs when we do this little exercise, but of course he saw the camera and froze up! :)


Here I was trying to tickle him and he just got mad

1 comment:

  1. The rings that Steve and jodi gave you are the best for sure. My 2 youngest had those rings and they played with them way past thier 1st birthday. I always give them as a baby coming home gift. I use to clip them from the carseat (dangling down) (6 months and up) for the babies to play with while on a car ride. The animal ring links are good too (9 months and up)they link right on to the textured links and stimulates the baby with new fun :-) G.N.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...