Thursday, January 28, 2010

New Adventure

I recently made a very hard decision! I have been struggling lately with the decision to go back to work. I love love love being a mom, but we have a significant amount of student loan debt, and I also miss the challenges of having career goals and being in the workplace. However, because we are living in Fairfax and have no family nearby I would have to put Lincoln in daycare if I were to go back to work outside of the home. This is something we really did not want to do. I had been looking at some pharmaceutical sales jobs in the area when I happened to start talking to my Aunt Andrea on the phone a few weeks ago. I have been ordering Scentsy products from her for years and was calling her to order some new spring scents (a Christmas gift from my parents). All of the sudden I remembered how she was always talking about what a wonderful, family-friendly company Scentsy was. I knew that you could work from home and choose your own hours as you are essentially running your own business. So, I started asking her a few questions and was very interested! Sheridan and I spent a lot of time discussing this idea. We spent a few days figuring out a business plan, goals -- Sheridan even created this large excel document with complicated formulas!! (Does that surprise you if you know Sheridan??) :) After lots of questions to Andrea and many more discussions we decided that this was a worthwhile business opportunity for us to pursue. I am VERY excited to start with this company and I feel so blessed that I found an opportunity where I can be at home with Lincoln and still provide income for our family.


Here is a picture of a few of the warmers that are offered. If you go to my website http://www.nh.scentsy.us/ you can see the full collection. If you live in my area I would love for you to stop by and test out all the various scents - I have all 80 at my house!



Another way for you to get free product is to host a party. You can do a "traditional party" where you invite people to your house and I will bring all my warmers and scents. Another thing Scentsy does is called a "basket party". This is a really popular way to earn free items and it is easy, easy, easy! I have a number of laptop-size cases that are filled with all of our wax scents in small testers. I will give that to you and you can bring it to work, church, ball games, etc. I will include everything you will need (catalogs, order forms, etc) and you keep everything for about a week and bring it back to me. I tally everything up and you have earned free product! The great thing about the basket party is that I can ship it to you if you do not live in my area (as most of my friends and family do not). It is very easy and very simple!



There is my two-cents on Scentsy. I am really excited to be working for this company. They have a quality product that I have used for years and feel proud putting my name behind. I am so excited that I can work for a company that is family-oriented and understands the importance of being there for your children. If you have any questions leave a comment or shoot me an email! I will keep everyone posted occasionally on how things are going with Scentsy and this new business endeavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...